I have really wanted to blog this winter (like, REALLY wanted to blog.) But, I have not been visiting thrift stores the way that I wanted to. Everytime I would go on a trip, we would either be a) running behind schedule, or b) at the mercy of my travel companion and what they wanted to do. It has been extremely disappointing. That being said, it has also given me some time to think about what I would like this blog to be. After a lot of thought, and frustration of not having new reviews to post, I decided that I want this blog to encompass more of me. Selfish, huh?
This blog is now going to encompass all aspects of my attempts at thrift-whore-i-ness. Yeah!!!
*Note to readers: If you are looking for advice on “coupon-ing”, look elsewhere. I do not coupon. When did that word become a verb?*
So, now this blog is going to encompass a bit of everything in my life:
- Cooking- I am currently following the Paleo Plan. I may share some recipes!!! which would be totally awesome and fun!
- Sewing- I have many of my own ideas, but my favorite way to sew is to “borrow” ideas from other, more-amazing, sewers. I then try to make the same thing for less money.
- Building- I LOVE POWER TOOLS!!!! (by the way, when it is in all-caps it means I am really excited and the words should be read with gusto.) I am currently building a new garden: rock-jacks, fences (we have deer, lots and lots of deer), gates, beds and some fun little surprises that I cannot wait to share with you.
- Gardening- I love to putter in my garden. It is a love that was instilled in me from birth. I am always searching for new plants, techniques and inexpensive ways to acquire seeds, plants and poo (animal poo).
- Thrift Whoring- My life would not be complete without the joy of walking into a thrift store and looking for a great buy.
- Much More: I am sure that I will come up with many more things to talk about. If you have any questions, requests or ideas, please let me know. Although I like to think that I am really interesting and have the greatest ideas in the world, sometimes a girl needs a little help.
So, that’s it. Great things are to come. I cannot wait to share my attempts at thrift-whore-i-ness with you.